.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Long time no blog

Wow I haven't written in this thing in months!
Here come the excuses for not blogging. I've been busy. There.
It's been crazy at work. Well I think I let it get crazy.

It didn't have to be but that's how it's become.
Well I didn't want to start writing about work. That's something I am trying to leave behind once I am out of the front doors and riding home on my squeaky bike.

I passed another cyclist coming up Runnymede and he yelled - "Grease your bike, I can hear it a mile away". I said "GOOD, then you'll know I'm coming to pass you!" And he and I both laughed. I've had this bike for over 10 years now and I've never had it in for servicing once. That's how things should be. Maintenance free. When we were driving back from New Jersey, visiting my cousin. The ABS light came on. I thought "Grreat! more money." But then we stopped off at McD's south of Scranton and when I started the car again the light went off. "WOO HOO" I thought. No service required.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Subaru Legacy. It's 6 years old now and still going strong. I'm hoping it lasts another 10 years. Cars are a waste of money. Well, they're useful, but they are a drain on the pocketbook. If we need to get another car, when Tresa's '89 Corsica LTZ finally bites the rust dust, then I'll have to look into something used. But we'll see, when the time comes. Ain't financial debt grand.

Well you know what, it'll always be around so I'm not going to let it run my life. We have a mortgage, we have 1 outstanding loan, that's about a year from being paid off. So when we're at that stage where that loan is gone. Then I think it'll be a little bit easier to pay things off and have extra money for this other thing that will change our lives. Can't say right now what it is, but it's coming soon.

We still have to get a couch too. We've been looking and Tresa's really picky. But that's a good thing. She's a patient buyer. Always considers quality, construction and style. It's gotta look good and look good for a long time. It's difficult to get all of these things right away. She's taught me to shop. But she's a marathon shopper. I may be a marathon runner but she makes my feet hurt when we go shopping.