.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Astro sold

After 17 months of sitting in the back of his driveway, Joe finally managed to sell his trusty old 1990 Chevy Astro. He was trying to get rid of it to his family, his neighbour to anyone. But nada. Every deal he made had fallen through.
Nothing wrong with it. It was actually in very good condition considering the age of the vehicle. Rust proofed every year since he bought it in 1994. And the inside was immaculate. It needed certification and emissions. That was it. It had a ton of new parts, just so it would pass these two tests.

So now all that's left are the indentations of the tires in the back of his driveway from the van sitting there for almost a year and a half. I offered to put an ad up on Craigslist so he could sell it to a wider audience, and besides it's free. I took photos of it last Tuesday, put together the info for the ad and had it up on Craigslist on Wednesday, had several nibbles and tire kickers on the weekend and today is Wednesday. SOLD. Gotta say. The internet has certainly sped up life.

I was happy for Joe. He finally got rid of it. All I expected was a beer to celebrate the day his van drove away without him. I got the Corona, but to my surprise Joe got me a car cleaning kit.
I gotta say we have great neighbours.


Here's the Craigslist Ad.