.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, August 01, 2026

Krew on KrisKo

Our street was packed with pylons, film crews, props and actors yesterday.   So we skipped town early and headed to the cottage.

We got a letter not long ago, it was more of a notice that a film crew was scheduled to setup and film a Kredit Karma commercial on our street July 31.   And they kindly asked all residents on the street to park somewhere else.  They did say they would reimburse anyone that had to pay for parking.   They did reimburse the immediate neighbours to the house they were doing filming at as they were impacted by crew and equipment.


I did ask a crew member that looked like they were in charge, how do you get you home on a short list of film locations.  She said OntarioCreates.ca, but there are many if you google it.   Before you think, hey. I'll get paid.  I'm not sure how much my neighbour got, I didn't ask, but they do replace all your furniture with their own.  I've heard they may even paint.  But be aware of what you are getting into.


According to my neighbour who's house was selected for filming location.  He didn't initiate this.  The location scouts came knocking on the homes that fit their criteria and asked if they would allow them to film there.   One said, we'll think about it.  Then the car dealership sales pressure tactics switched ON.   I get it.  They have a location, they had someone on the fence, get the 2x4 out to knock them off of it.

It seemed like a cool thing.  But then we saw the army if yo that showed up and camped out, and took up all the  nparking not just on our street, but the neighbouring street.  They had staff directing cars.  There were heavy machine buckets for filming from above, fake props, lighting, tents, chairs and lots of pylons.


It is what it is.  This was for a 60s commercial, apparently there are other locations that are part of this effort. 

They said they'd only be there for 1 long day.  As late as 11pm Fri.





I'm not sure how long til we will see our street on a TV commercial. 

But they had a beautiful day for filming.


Blogger Craig U said...

You should have photobombed it!

Sun Aug 02, 05:15:00 AM EDT

 

Post a Comment