.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, September 25, 2006

We were Faked out

We were at the Organic Market in High Park on Saturday.

There's 3 containers of organic raspberries there on the counter, but one of them is empty.
The little guy hanging on to mama's shorts emptied it into his mouth and down into his belly.

Tresa's actually looking for 10 dollars in pennies and nickels to pay for the stuff, because we had tried to pay for it with a counterfiet 10 spot.

WE didn't know. But I wished I'd taken a photo of it so everyone can see the difference. It's actually quite obvious.

The guy in the middle lined a real one and the fake one up.
The fake didn't have the silvery strip on the one side and the paper was very worn and not the same feel.

So I did the only thing that any one who would have been in my position would have done. I took it back to the place where I got the $10.00 bill and exchanged it for a real one.

So check the money you get back.

This is why I prefer debit or credit cards. Although there's other problems with that. Like identity theft.