.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, November 06, 2006

St Clair West BBQ

The meat packing plant not too far from the house had been cooking up a storm since early this morning.

I had heard the sirens around 7am. And I took these photos at 9pm.





This fire hydrant was maxed out.

I was using my G5 with the 420EX Speedlite flash that I just picked up.

It's on night setting and I just tried to stay as motionless as possible in taking the shots.


They came out quite clear I was pretty pleased. But they did have a lot of flood lights going.

When I dropped Kieran off at daycare this morning I asked the ladies if they were cooking bacon, cuz that's what I was smelling.




They asked if I had heard anything on the news, because of that smell outside. I hadn't heard anything on the news but I did hear the sirens this morning.

I think this was the NY Pork meat packing plant that was being doused with water from about 5 or 6 trucks.




There's a thick haze of the smoke that's all over our neighbourhood.






I was only out at the site of the blaze for about 10-15 minutes taking photos and I smell like I'd been barbequing all day.






What a mess. We were out of power from 1pm til 6pm.

This plant is right next to a housing subdivision. The houses are about 30ft away from the building that was on fire.

There's gonna be a pork souvlaki shortage.