.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Friday, February 02, 2007

The tax man cometh

Actually it wasn't the tax man, although he did take some of my money away. But we're hoping it comes back with some heavy duty returns when we retire.
This is Marcello, the RRSP man doesn't have the same ring.
You should have seen this guy when I first met him.
He's shed 40+lbs and a couple of sizes to boot. I think he's had to replace his entire collection of suits.
I'd like to think that it was my influence. He's done 2 half marathons. The Toronto in the fall and the Mississauga Marathon in the spring time, in the past couple of years.
But I didn't have anything to do with it. He knew I was a runner and played a lot of sports, but never talked much about. Except that when I retire, I'd like to be able to play a lot of golf and hopefully an ironman or 2. But that's about it.
So Marcello is a fellow runner.

He paid us a visit to get our RRSP's in order.
So we're all set for 2006 and have re-assessed our portfolios for 2007 and onward.

It's the first time he's seen Kieran, but Kieran has no income. So his assessment was easy.

Just so you know, those aren't Kieran's pants. Just before I picked him up at daycare he had a blowout. So it's a loaner from the Daycare lady's daughter.