.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lordy, Lordy look who's 4 Eh!

Man 4 years go by fast. Too fast.
Just last week he was a baby in diapers.
Just yesterday he was a toddler and he was ripping keys off of my laptop computer. Good thing it was a work computer that was under warranty. For days the 'v' was a pain to press.


Today...he's still a toddler, just 1 year older and riding a bike. He's graduated from his trike to the 12" bike with training wheels and zooming up and down the street.
We ride every day now. And I don't even have to walk or run behind him. I can actually ride my bike and he's good to go.

I do the job of being the lookout for cars and if a car is coming, he hops of his bike and walks it off the street. I didn't even teach him this. He did it all on his own. It'd be faster if he just rode on the bike off the street, but whatever suits his fancy.


And this year, his birthday is also Earth Day. So we did our part and rode to and from school in the carriage. We also bought take out chicken from Loblaws and ordered a pizza from Pizza Nova. Not really Earth Day stuff in trying to reduce our carbon foot print. But everything was recyclable. I couldn't carry the pizza home on my bike, so I had to drive our fuel efficient civic a few kms to pick it up.

After this nap he was grumpy as anything.

Well there's a reason he's been cranky. He's been recovering from a virus all last week and he's still tired this week. We've been going to bed early every night. No more 10pm nights. We are up at 6:30am every day. More to keep his schedule, because ONE late night and I'm screwed in the mornings.





We're both still sneezing and our noses are both still running. But not nearly as bad.

Gesundheit!
Happy 4th Birthday Cranky.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

KIERAN!
HAPPY B'DAY!
VSE NAJ!

Thu Apr 23, 09:09:00 AM EDT

 

Post a Comment