.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, April 07, 2014

Humberside Memorial Day

It was Memorial Day.
April 8, 2013 an employee of Humberside Montessori School past away of cancer.
As a tribute to Rob, who was not only an employee but a good friend of the family and the school, they requested to the City to have a tree planted in memory of him.


Felix and Molly had a small memorial for Rob and Kieran volunteered to play as part of the memorial ceremony, and got Emma to join him.


Emma is Kieran's classmate and her violin playing is amazing. Kieran is really lucky to have her as a classmate as they are allowed to practice together in their class in the afternoons.
Emma's mom tuned their violins before playing.
I would have just said...1,2,3 - hit it!

It was a pretty great honour to perform.  Opportunities like these to showcase your skills come every so often.  I was told by my first boss, that I had to take 'em when they happen.




Glad it didn't rain.  Glad I was able to make it. I was glad Tresa was able to leave work early to see him.  And Nie came by and stuck around to watch too.

Emma played a beautiful solo that I wished I'd recorded, but I didn't know if I'd be able to store both performances on my iPhone 5.
She did a beautiful job.

But I have the duet they played.  Minuet 2.



Even though it was chilly out and feeling a little damp.
Their fingers must have been frozen.