.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Suzuki Violin Book 1

Yep that's an academy award.
And there is a couple of Gemini and bunch of Genie awards.

This is Kieran's violin teachers house.
Where he's been taking violin lessons for the past several years.

Thanks to Marika, we got into Dorothy's school of violin.
But it's impressive to see them in real life none the less.


Today was a big milestone for Kieran.
Kieran was ready to take his Suzuki Book 1 test.
When he practices.
It sounds amazing. Award winning. To me.  But you should hear me play twinkle twinkle. It's like a cat screeching.
He's come a long way from that first lesson of bowing.






Not using the violin bow.
I'm talking taking a bow after a performance.
That was lesson #1.
I have that post. A few years back. Sometime in Feb 2012.
The Small Violin
For his test he has to play 3 songs from Book 1.
2 of his choice and one that he pulls from a hat.

These were his songs for his test.

Gosic Gavotte.  He played this one well a little mechanical but well.
Go tell Aunt Rhody.  He played this one earlier today very VERY well, his test I think he was feeling a little tired.  Because he was supposed to go to a swim meet a few hours later, but he didn't feel up to going. I felt it too.  So I didn't push him to go.  But it still sounded pretty good.


The song he did that was out of the hat was Allegretto.
He looked like he didn't know it, but some songs sound the same.   I knew he knew it, he'd practiced so many songs that he just needed some time to sort it out in his mind. And once he started hearing it, his playing improved.



This is their cat Iggy.  If he wants to be petted, he will rap on the door until he gets his way.
Usually he will sit near me or on my lap during a lesson.  Sometimes he's chewed on Kieran's music books.  But he's a pretty nice cat.


Blogger Nie said...

Congratulations Kieran!!!

Mon May 25, 09:47:00 AM EDT

 

Post a Comment