.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, January 03, 2015

Cup 2014

We're all smiles now.    But when the game starts.  The friendship ends and the cheap goals suck! But we said we'd try to make it 2x a year instead of once and usually late.  Scheduling starts in August and never finalized until Christmas time.


This is what we're playing for.  This odd bowl we found at Winners or Homesense that we mounted on to a base.  This game has been going on since 99.  And it took us 10 years of NHL 99 before we finally got into the year 2000.  And it's still only NHL 2K7 so we're back to 8 years behind again.

It's now 8 years old.  Took us that long to come up with the idea we should have one.  Guess that's why we're all still middle class and not in the uber rich echelon of world.

In any case, there's only 1 spot left on the base.  And then we'll have to add a row.  Exciting!

But before we begin.  We ate a great dinner in our 80% reno'd house.  Hey, the floors don't squeak, and we do have a functioning kitchen and 1 working bathroom.



It'll be done in 2015! It's gonna be a great YEAR!  Win or Lose.

We catch up all the way back from high school days. Well high school reunions that I've never attended.  Talk of FB and how 1 never has used it, 1 no longer uses it, and 1 trolls and the other uses it but has no friends, since no one looks at his posts.

The rice was cooked, indian food was buttery, the beer was cold, the samosas were 1 week old, but were still good.  I kept them refrigerated.  And once you nuke them for a minute they are as good as 2 days old.  I didn't mention the sauce had been sitting out for a week.  Hey it's the next day and I'm fine. So they'll be ok too. Must be something in the microwave radiation.

We even had violin music, Twinkle and Minuet, before we exchanged stuff we rebrand as gifts and purge some clutter from our homes.
I didn't start that tradition.  Although some people might say it's me, because I will admit, I've done it.

Although I passed off stuff to nieces and nephews and they took to it like flies to compost.

I dunno but this guy comes with flyers in an old K-Mart bag and goes home with great stuff!

Someone else goes home with that K-Mart bag to haul the re-gifts. What a deal man.  Gonna call this guy the Magic Man from now on, cuz he makes his junk disappear.
Like Russell Oliver. 'OH YA!'






This is just a sample.  I still have some stuff upstairs.
Direct from the Philippines.  One size fits all. And may or may not have spelling mistakes.







I took a pic before we started.  Because we're happy.  No one has lost yet.
No frustrations, no cheap goals.




We needed to play a structured game.  D-fense!
It was tight, mostly getting used to the controls again.
And trying to follow where the puck was was dizzying or maybe my glasses were just dirty or my prescription was old or my eyes are aging.

The games were close.  Except for 1 blowout where we just scored at will. It was too easy.  Like re-gifting junk to kids.
It felt like it was our time again.
Glory was ours for the taking.

Up 3-1 we just needed 1 more game.  It was the closest we'd been to victory in 4 years.

No lead was secure.  Except for that 6 goal lead that lead to a 10-2 drubbing.

Scoring first didn't mean a thing.  And although we came back to make it close.  We came up short.  Again.

I guess I'll keep my partner.  He played awesome.
We played awesome.


We got beat again.
Next year will be different.

But this year it was the same result.

The Cup 2015 Champions
Derrick & Hong