.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, September 22, 2014

Ellis Bike park

The city made this cool bike park down by Ellis and Lakeshore.
We headed there one afternoon a few weeks back and I was expecting it to be full of older kids doing massive jumps.







But there were tons of little ones on the one side that had bridges and small bumps.  There were pink bikes with tassels and all trying to get on the bumps.  It was so cool. I was a bit afraid of joining in, but then I had a go and it was fun.  Some of these kids are fearless.  They squeeze in just like commuters on the tube in Hong Kong during rush hour.




We went back just last weekend that coincided with the Ukrainian Festival to check it out and then possibly hit the BWV for some perogies.


The bridges seem harmless until you slip off and the top tube of your bike hits you in the family jewels.


Or you fall off and the thing that get hurt most is your pride. Luckily I have no pride.  Haha.


You can't see it from these photos but just beside the pump tracks and the bridges are the larger jumps.

I thought I took a video of one of the fearless kids taking in some big air.  But I think I deleted it.

Kieran miss timed his dismount from this pump track and exited right off the top of the mound there and wiped out.  He got a small cut but he was okay, just some dirt and blood.

He only cries when he's really hurt.