.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Friday, April 25, 2014

Hungry like the Wolf

Hey who didn't love Duran Duran?
That was a hit song.  With a weird video.
And no matter how thirsty I was, I wouldn't drink from a dirty basahan.

These pics were from March Break.  A bunch of kids.  I won't say who. Decided to hide our camera thinking that it would result in staying at the cottage longer.

You know who they are.  I don't need to name these 3 kids with rotting teeth.  You can tell who they are from their bite marks.

Anyways I got the camera back on Friday and I can finally share these photos.
At first I didn't know what it was.  We just noticed a bunch of black birds picking away at something in the middle of the lake. It was pretty much decayed and pecked to the bone and it was in 3 separate areas.  It wasn't I until I saw a hoof did I realize it was a deer.

It's been a pretty hard winter for the animals.  Especially the deer. Many are coming out of the woods looking for food near the roads and finding that the grills of cars are not all that edible.

And other animals are coming out too.  We saw a gray wolf on the lake.  It was alone and looking for dinner.  We saw him sniffing the carcass there.    Then a few minutes later we saw a deer run on the lake and head up the property directly opposite the cottage.  With the hungry wolf in hot pursuit.  We figured that deer was gonna be lunch and dinner.


I was wondering where the rest of the pack was.  Not a good day to go xc skiing.

The old guy was looking for some venison for dinner.
But the most he'd get out of this was soup bones.







So he headed to the other pieces to see if he can salvage some salami for his sandwich.




The lake was ok for xc skiing.  I was hesitant at first because you never know.  But skiing on the roads was crappy.  It was icy and not that great.  So I took a chance on the lake.  And it was fine.  But I stuck close to the shore.  I did see the snowmobilers later and if a machine can ride in the middle of the lake.  I figured I would be fine for skiing.
The snow was deep.  I look about the height of E.T.
Let me stretch my neck.

We got Tresa some new boots and bindings.  I still have the museum pieces in our garage.  I could try to post them on Kijiji, maybe someone will want to put it up in the ski lodge on a wall somewhere in the bush.



We do live in igloos.  The Sinclair kids made this.  And the Orillia kids all went inside.  I'm surprised it's still in one piece.







Here is Olaf.