.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, August 09, 2015

ParaPan 2015

These athletes are inspiring.  I wished I had seen the earlier race because I had heard that was really something to see.  Apparently there's different categories depending on the disability, but the way these athletes were riding you'd be hard pressed to call them disabled.  It was something to watch live.

I'm glad we were there to cheer them on.
I wished there were more spectators there to cheer them on.  So we tried to make up for it by cheering on every nation!

We were down just between Bloor St and Olympus Ave.  About 3/4's of the way up that hill.

The 1 legged Peruvian was in the lead of this pack.  Man was he giving it 200%.  I also noticed that there were women mixed in with this group.  So this is where I was confused when I tried to understand who was racing today.  It was categories instead of Mens and Womens.

It didn't matter.  It was impressive anyways.




Photos: ParaPan Am 2015 Road Race