.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Outdoor life

We hadn't used our backyard much in the past couple of years.  We had debris there, I was cutting wood at the back.  It was a workshop/construction zone.  We even had a brick house back there that I had to huff and puff and tear it down.

But I always manage to trim the vines, and keep it tidy.  I can't recall the last time i pulled this teak folding table out for use.  But  a lightbulb went off as i was sitting out on the back patio drinking a cold one thinking, "hey this is nice".  So i looked at the back of one of our TV receiver.  It's wifi so no coax needed.  I looked at the audio outputs.  Hmm.  This is could work if my old RF speakers still work.  After a bit of checking connections, we were quickly in the outdoor patio entertainment business.

Watching the Tour de France or something on Netflix and enjoying the weather under the grape vines.   Usually i'm by myself watching this and after a short while i'm nodding off into zzzzZZZZ-land.  But sitting outside in the open air keeps me awake, having supper, snacks, espresso, cappuccino and the beer fridge is closer, and best of all I'm not by myself.  We even had an ice cream cake!



Just make sure you don't get crapped on by the robins in the corner nest there.