.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, November 20, 2017

St Mike-cula

We went to see Bram Stokers' Dracula at St Mikes.  We got the tix because we went to the St Mikes fashion show fund raiser the evening before.

One of the parents we were sitting with talked about how much they liked it.  Well the mom was raving, the dad was okay with it.

So we asked Kieran if he wanted to see it.  Just so he knew what he would've participated in if he joined the club that put this together. Kieran even ran into some classmates.  So we got to meet some of his buds.

The production was surprisingly good.  They even had english accents.
I guess I wasn't expecting much.  As it is a high school production.

I've only ever been to 1 prior.  My high school put on West Side Story.  Which was great!  I also remember the prop gun not going off.  I was chuckling at that.  On the inside.

But the actors (my friends)  went on with the scene without a hitch.
So to compare.
This production had fog machines, a high tech bat, pyrotechnics that burned in my retina for about 10 mins after.

Being an all boys school.  There were no boys playing the female characters.  This is isn't the Shakespearean era you know.  They had auditions for high school female students in and around the area.  They were quite good!