.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Reliving our youth

Paul came back home to TO to visit.  What were we gonna do?  We all played tennis as teens.  So he brought his racket with him.
Not some crap China made racket.  But a Yonex.
That looks real.
No real PVC leather type deal.




I hadn't played tennis in years so I had to dig out my racket and shoes.  But I had just gone to the Rogers Cup to watch the women pros play and it had given me the urge to play like I used to play!

In my mind, I felt like I could still play at that level.
But I brought my GoPro out to see for myself the reality of our playing ability.



 Here's a few action shots of how good we still are.





I can't write what Derrick says after his return went out.
But you can read his lips in the video.





At least he is still able to avoid getting hit by my serve that was way wide.  Try serving after that, when you're laughing.
 

We are still as good as we used to be. Sort of.