.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, June 05, 2017

Crossfit garden

Man I was a bit sore this morning from lifting and straightening out the cement tiles in our garden.  Kieran and I were moving dirt, levelling it out and relaying the tiles and bricks. It felt like I'd done a Crossfit workout this morning.
Crossfit is like olden times work out, lifting barrels of wine, sacks of wheat, and milking goats and cows, slaughtering chickens with your bare hands.  All the stuff that my European better half is genetically built to do. They even have steel toe boot like feet and asbestos hands.  Tereza's mom can pluck loose teeth out of a baby, like she was plucking feathers off of a chicken she just snapped it's neck for dinner.

My asian bod is built for the computer keyboard and telephone support.
Sometimes building a raft or hut, going fishing, all while wearing flip flops to protect our feet from the hot sand.
I'm lucky i have half a butt attached to my chicken legs.

Our garden sorely needed some TLC.  Plus we had all these leftover bricks from our windows and chimney work.  And those bricks have been used to build a 3 little piggies house, and it's kind of in the way.


We know this will get redone in the next few years, when we have some money set aside to do it.  But for now relaying the tiles and incorporating the bricks was good enough.

Those darn rain barrels that the old owner laid into the ground under the tiles for drainage is a bit frustrating to work around, plus I don't have the right materials to lay under the tiles.  We didn't do much, just minor change to make it look better than what it was.


Nothing grows next to the garage.  I think it's because it's shaded.  So we moved the tiles over a bit and laid whatever bricks we had over there.

I'm sure during the winter there's going to be major upheavals, but it's okay.  It didn't cost anything.
Just some sweat from me and my barista helper that started with me, and then left me, and then came back and helped me finish it off.

It doesn't look bad.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss your sense of humor. This made me laugh.

-Sharknado Boy

Mon Jun 05, 05:09:00 PM EDT

 
Blogger Ray said...

If I wasn't scared of heights man I'd be eating local deli meat, cheese, bread and drinking wine on top of a ridge!

Mon Jun 05, 05:58:00 PM EDT

 
Blogger Ray said...

I also miss the card games. I think we are 78 and 0! What a win streak! And all while drinking vino! Haha.

Tue Jun 06, 07:05:00 AM EDT

 

Post a Comment