.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Friday, December 09, 2005

It's beginning to look


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

This is the beauty of "Working From Home". I'm officially "Home Assigned" so I've been getting set up at home more and more. It's on days like today where I'm glad we have what's called the iWork program. It's got it's advantages and disadvantages, but it does come in handy when I need it. Like today.
Wake up. Shovel. Go back indoors, eat and go to work.

See my neighbour's tree across the street. That's actually one big tree. Two apical buds. I think that tree is almost 20ft tall.

So I'm just wondering when the big shovels are coming by to pile up the snow in front of my driveway. I think they do that on purpose.
We got our Christmas tree last night. Good thing too. Considering the snow and all. When we had gotten home from doing some errands, although it was dark, it was still relatively early. Kieran was still asleep in the back seat so we got my Thule roof rack from the garage and mounted it to the roof. It takes only a few minutes. About 15 minutes to lock everything down. Besides without the roof carrier there'd be no place to put the tree. Can't squeeze it in with Kieran in the backseat. We took last year's tree home in Tresa's car in the backseat.
So we headed off to Tresa's friend Lou. This is his family's garden center off of Scarlet Rd, just south of Eglington. We go here for our plants, trees, nematodes. Garden stuff. And he's got great trees. Last year our tree lasted for more than 6 weeks and there was hardly any needles falling on the floor. But we got a Fraser fir tree. To me all of them look the same. Christmas tree is a christmas tree. But this one has soft needles. You know so you don't get pricked like a porcupine carrying the thing. Tresa's pretty picky. I just wanted a small one. Cuz our place isn't all that big. But we got a nice full one. After we bought it and got it trimmed a bit, my only concern was whether it would fit in the cargo box. And it just squeezed in. Woo Hoo! So right now it's sitting in our garage in the stand. Cuz that's where we celebrate. In the garage. Like a manger. Just kidding. You have to do this to let the branches relax, because they're tied up during shipping. So in a few days I'll bring it in and it'll be good to go.