.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, October 31, 2005

m&m's and chocolate

Kieran was trying out his new costume. You know at crime scenes when the have the outline of bodies. Well this is it. This was my costume that I was trying out for size. Doesn't it look like I'm right out of the Shawshank Redemption. Now all I need is the ball and chain.So after about an hour of straight chiselling and my hand going numb and getting only 1/4 of it broken off. My neighbour Joe brought over that sledge hammer. He said it would go faster. So I laid into the base and started wailing away. Pieces of concrete were flying everywhere. But the going was slow, it wasn't much faster than the hammer and chisel. I thought I'd be doing this for at least the rest of the week. Then one lucky smack and the thing cracked right down the rest of the base. WOO HOO! Sayonara flagpole. This was what was left of it. The sun was setting and I didn't want to be pounding in the middle of the dark.
In the end this was our flagpole. May it R.I.P.
I can't really take too much credit for this. I had expended so much energy beating the crap out of the concrete base of that flagpole that I was willing to take a short cut carving this pumpkin. It's really easy. You buy these carving kits from Shoppers Drug Mart or Loblaws. It comes with this little saw like cutter, pin and scraper tools and several cool stencils.
This our neighbour Joe. He's into Goth. He was playing this CD full of scary sounds trying to spook the kids. But in return he gives the kids lots of candy.
After a few houses of trick or treating, Kieran was tired. I walked him up and down the street so he could watch the other kids. And before you knew it. Lights out.
But after a little power nap, he was going after the leftovers.
NOW this is what Halloween's all about - candy and chocolate.
This kid's a fast learner.

More photos to Trick or Treat