.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Thanks!

Well it was the Canadian Thanksgiving this past weekend. Not the same shopping experience as the neighbours to the south, but I'm sure Tresa is wishing that it was. Most of us tend to spend it with our families and feed our faces. Well the lucky ones do anyways.Here's a bit of trivia. Do you know why the Canadian Thanksgiving is over a month before the US one? Because our growing season is shorter. Canadian farmers have to harvest their crops sooner, due to our climate.
I'm thankful for the job that I have. I was on a production deployment from 9:30 PM EST til 3:00AM Saturday morning. It may sound crappy, but it doesn't happen all the time. I enjoy what I do and the people I work with are great. I don't know too many others that can say the same. I see and hear people complain about their jobs. I'm lucky and thankful that I'm not one of them.
I'm thankful for the 300 km drive to the cottage (one way). My neck and back sometimes ache,
but that's a small price to pay for the air that is clean and smog free, and the water is crystal clear and pollution free. And there are birds and animals and trees all around. I'm thankful for the place and BTW it has hot and cold running water and a flushing toilet.I'm thankful for the lady on the balcony, cause she feeds me endless amounts of food. Until I am on the verge of exploding. She won't take "I'm not hungry" as a valid response.
I'm thankful for taking the high road.
I'm thankful for Tresa who makes me take the high roads.
I'm thankful for all the hills, because it keeps me fit. And there's lots of hills.
I'm thankful for this little kid walking towards me. Eventhough he doesn't listen to adults, gets into trouble, and can be a bit of a pain in the behind. But he's full of life and energy and always wants to play.
I'm especially thankful for this kid. No teeth yet, but he has the biggest smile.And he makes me smile after a long day at the office.