.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Old fogies go to a trendy club

The title was suggested by Antonio. aka Juan/Fez. We hooked up with Ray and Kim at the Century Room on King St. It felt like a century since we had been out to a club.
We arrived there first and saw recognized Kim and Ray walking up the street. I was trying to figure out what it resembled, then it hit me. It was like an animal trainer and her chimp, you know Jane and Cheetah. But Ray apparently twisted his ankle. I don't know how. But I think it involved broken furniture and swinging off the chandelier in his bedroom.
So this is what old fogies drink. This is how Cheetah deals with the pain and how we feel all young again. Plus drink enough of this and the prices don't hurt as much. There's 3 digits on every one of those items on that menu.
It was so loud, we had to speak to each other in sign language. I don't see anything shiny on that finger. I think that's what she was signing. Or she caught Juan's eyes drifting. "Wait I think I know that person."
Paul was focusing on something else. Milk and cookies. And tuning into Tokyo.
I gotta say that this place was a market. Juan and I were talking about how nice it is to be married. No acting, no images to portray, we can just be ourselves. Real people. Real debts. Broke too.
Derrick breaks out the bucks. Can you hear the velcro 'rrrrrip!' Someone should tell him to shave his hands before he goes out to a club. But it's dark so it just looks like shadows anyways. I think that velcro wallet is a century old.