.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, October 15, 2005

How much is dat?

This is a year of many firsts for Kieran and us. First road trip, first airplane ride, and now his first garage sale.
Actually it's my first garage sale too.
This is the street where we used to live. Well I lived here for over 4 years. The original house looked a lot like the house to the right of it, but then it burnt down and the owner built this house with three separate apartments. I was in the dungeon.
Hey there's people here to buy our junk. I can't believe my eyes.

This is Alicia, her and Eric were our old upstairs neighbours, when we use to live here. We hooked up with her to have a garage sale. We set up at her place (our old rental place) because there's better traffic there. If we did it at ours, we'd have nobody come around.
Hey STOP thief! He hasn't paid for our JUNK!
Just kidding. He bought Tresa's old THICK socks. It was just what he was looking for!
It's the Great Wall, at Humberside and Indian Grove.
I don't think this lady bought anything, but she had this really cool sling type baby carrier. It was great having Kieran there because he seemed to attract a lot of people and we said we'd let him drool on them for free if they bought something. So if you're going to have a garage sale, borrow someone's kid or dog. But only if they're cute and friendly. If they're a wailing kid, forget it.
This was Tresa's brainchild. Something she organized and planned and spearheaded. I think she was just happy we were able to find her favourite hat for Kieran (the Roots one with the two pointy things on it) that she accidentally dropped somewhere in the Winners she was shopping in last night. We went back there to look for it and found it after re-tracing her steps.

The traffic was great in the morning. But man, did a lot cheap-o's come out. One thing I learned from these garage sales, forget about getting your price. These people will haggle over 50 cents for a mug. Geezus. Then the guy didn't even have the 50 cents to get the mug for his kid. He only had 45 cents.

You can't see the windows of my old apartment, because it's right at the bottom. If you're over 5'-9" it'd be tough to live there. Mel used to clunk his head against a beam that ran right across the front door to the apartment. And sometimes I would hit the ceiling with my hand when I put on my shirt. But other than that it was cozy and warm, and clean. At least it was.
This is Harley, I tried to sell him, but he got refunded.
Kieran spent a lot of time outdoors and it put a rosy shade on his cheeks. Plus it tired him out. Must have been all the cool fresh air. Right after this he fell asleep.

Hey is that what I think it is? Yep, it's FOOD! Lunch time!Za and diet coke with Lime.
I did a pizza run, 2 large 3 topping pizzas, 1 veggie and the other pepperoni, pineapples and green peppers. YUMMY!

As I was eating a slice, I caught this action shot.
This is a bengali cat below. You know when a cat sees a car barrelling down the road right at it. I bet it looks a lot like this.
The lady said that it's actually a house cat. So it may always be a little nervous looking. Like it just drank a jug of Red Bull.
No it wasn't hurricane Rita. It was our garage sale towards the end of our day.
So at the end of it all, this was what was left. An old beat up chair.

YEA! We sold more than half our JUNK! We came with 6 boxes jammed with crap. We came home with 3 boxes and a big bottle of shampoo.

Now we can get more stuff for ME!