.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Who turned out da lights?

It's was dark by 5:00pm. We had no lights. And no microwave to heat up Kieran's food.

This was the 2nd big blackout we have had in 2 weeks. We had another one that lasted about 6-8 hours during a wind storm 2 weeks ago.

I couldn't find anyone close by that was home that had power to visit and hang out to watch the Leaf game. So we went out to St. Huberts on the Queensway.

I went back this morning to see what was left. And this is what I saw. Firemen made a mess man.
A bunch of coffee cups on the newstand. Double-double.

The building looked like it had been gutted. There was still one pumper truck left trying to douse a stubborn blaze.

Apparently this was a 5-alarm blaze. Not sure what that means. But go ahead and Google it.



Ashes were everywhere. Burnt 'cha-siu-bao'.
Dim sum places will be charging double now for those pork dumplings.

We finally heard about the blaze on the news this morning. And what did we see. Some Filipino lady was being interviewed.
Her accent is still making me cringe.

She said 'I could not slep, so I watch tebee instead and cook some rice for my adobo.' I should have taped it. And from the angle of the camera she must have been 4 ft tall.