.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Chef's House

It was a long wait for this place. The Chef's house is where the GBC students put into practice what they learn in the classroom.

We'd never been to the one inside the culinary school on Adelaide, but we heard it was really good and really inexpensive.
Michael and Frida, set this up and was it ever worth the wait.
The restaurant was open and really modern.

You can choose between the 3 course or the 4 course. Or both if you're a real pig. Most of the guys thought that the portions would be small. Some even had McDonald's coupons for after dinner snack. You know those 2 can dine for 4.99.

I had the 4 course. Cuz. I was hungry.
This was my 1st appetizer. It was the calamari. My second appetizer was salmon salad.

This was a snack. We all got it before we got our appetizers. It was like a bonus.
When I saw it. I was thinking. I might take Jimmy up on those 2 can dine coupons.
It was a potato appetizer. Everything about it was a potato,
I wasn't 100% sure (cause I wolfed it down) but someone told me it was.

I was going to order wine, but it was just house wine. No name. Well the waitress couldn't tell me what it was. So I had this imported beer. I forget what it was, but it was good.

I forgot to take a picture of my second appetizer and my main - which was a sea bass. It was more like see bass and eat it.
It was good. I also saw the braised beef and wanted that too.
Once I had started eating it was difficult to stop.

This was Tresa's dessert. I don't think I tried it. I was full


This was my dessert. I didn't choose it. Tresa did. I was going to get something else, but I was glad this came instead. It was a souffle with a toffee cream side thing.

I think the menu changes every few months or semester. So we'll have to check when that happens and book again.

Click for more photos of our first night out with no kids in months