.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Model Rail

Just wanted to thank all who came to the model railroad club for Kieran's birthday. When Kieran knew his birthday was approaching he asked if we could have it there. It was more for the kids (including the big kids - I like this place too).
Maybe I should become a member.
Well it's open every Wednesday at 8pm to the public. If anyone was interested.
It's an easy venue, they limit the number of kids and parents but it's better this way. Easier to manage. And the time (2hrs) is definitely enough.
Check out this photo. It looks like the after effects of the smoke from a forest fire. But I took the photo as someone else's camera flash was going off.

Everything was going pretty smoothly, until we ordered the pizza and it was 70mins later that we eventually got it. When they took my order they said it would be delivered in 45mins, I think it took them 45 mins to get it ready for delivery, and when I gave them the address they knew it was the model railroad club. But the driver called me a few times asking where this place was.
I spoke to the Pizza Nova customer service a few times and they told me that they needed to speak to the driver once he got there. Once he arrived, I handed him my phone and he said the pizzas were free of charge. I felt kind of bad for him, but the store should have made sure he knew where it was. It's not exactly clear. I didn't want it to be free if he was going to foot the bill.

I didn't get my 200+ photos of every train and fake tree and the kids watching them like I normally do. I was waiting for the pizza delivery guy. When he called for the 3rd time I stood near the road. And I noticed a car backing up towards me. I asked him what car he was driving and sure enough that was him. Last time we did this, the guy arrived in 20mins. We figured it would be the same since they knew the place.

We ordered 3 party sized pizzas - pepperoni, hawaiian and veggie.
The veggie one that we ordered was really good (zucchini, red peppers and sauteed spinach). It wasn't the standard veggie, but a custom order one for some of the vegetarian kids and parents. I could have eaten that all on my own. I didn't even miss the meat. And it was almost all gone.
Next time we'll know to order it shortly after we set up, since we only have a 2hr window. And I'll ask them to make sure that the driver knows exactly where the Model Railroad Club is so he's not driving around aimlessly.

Click me for more train place photos