.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Who took my dirt?

Outside garden project.
Not my project, Tresa's garden. She dug up about 6 inches of topsoil because it was constantly wet. Maybe it's wet cuz some half-asian kid keeps peeing in the corner there. Any ways she dug it up and piled it up on our driveway.

And what kid, can't resist a big pile of dirt? Break out the digger and the trucks.
There were at one point 6 kids playing on here, making museums, hauling away clumps of dirt to make buildings, making a volcano. Throwing dirt around.
And I brought out some beer for the parents.

We eventually hosed them down. But it was fun to watch. I wished I had my camera on me to record a video. Although the hose was connected to our faucet, we had the other end on Hela and Ola's side so the dirt wouldn't turn into a mud bog. And one of the kids kept trying to turn on the water with their faucet. He'll figure it out one day.

Kieran was wondering who took his dirt?

But the dirt was hauled away just in time. It rained the next day.
Now we have to get some stone and cloth and grade it to drain properly.