.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, September 19, 2010

30th Terry Fox run

It was the 30th anniversary of the Terry Fox run.
Can't believe it's been 30 years. I remember as a kid that he was coming through town and all the excitement and admiration for this guy with one leg running across Canada.


We ran into Marina at the Uke Fest on Saturday and I decided to run it. I wasn't planning on running it because my left leg has been injured since late April. But I thought I'd give it a shot.
That's her waving. She's finally got new shoes.
The guy in the tux is a magician. He's no David Blaine.

So Marina brought her entourage with her too. Hubby, daughter and two friends.
Kieran and I ran with Bruce and Emma. And when Emma got tired of doing cartwheels while she was running, she joined Kieran in the jogger. And they shared their treats together.

And I got to share the job of pushing the two kids with Bruce. I left him with the last uphill.


This was the line up for the after run freebies.
It started off like the usual stuff. Bananas, bagels, apples, energy bars, granola bars. And then it got interesting.


Skittles, Snickers bars, Three Musketeers, Bounty, Mounds, M&Ms.

You know what the kiddies were choosing.
It was an early Halloween.

The adults were in there too, battling the little bloodhounds who can sniff out candy buried in a cellar.


They had face painting and stick on tattoos.
More candy.
Z103.5 was there giving out more candy and t-shirts and lanyards.




It kinda made my morning. Even though I was feeling a little sore from not running in months.

And more importantly I got to pledge a donation and have a good and meaningful workout at the same time.

At least I didn't have to run home. Tresa was continuing her spinning and although the instructor wasn't Blair and the bikes weren't the Kieser M3's.
She was there at RPM and working up a sweat.



So we folded up the K's trailer/jogger/stroller that has been well used, and packed it in the car before heading to the farmers market. It's going to need a new set of tires soon. I'm hoping they last until I get to sell it, next year.

Blogger SY said...

That is an impressively packed trunk you have there..

Sun Oct 03, 03:03:00 PM EDT

 
Blogger Ray said...

There's tons of room still for more stuff!

Sun Oct 03, 05:23:00 PM EDT

 

Post a Comment