.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, October 04, 2010

Leafs WIN the CUP!

And a brown guy scored the goal.
Singh #58, scores the winning goal, the crowd goes curry wild!
Well not exactly. It was a dream sequence of a movie that Russell Peters was filming at the ACC.

I'm not exactly sure what the name of the movie is.
But Russell's in it.
That's what his brother told me.





This is the film's director. Here's some trivia, he did another hockey movie way back, called the Mighty Ducks. I think he also directed some episodes of Dexter. And Alice? I dunno if that's true, but Russell was saying all this stuff so who knows if it's all true.
But that's him with the darker cap on the left.
Rob Lieberman. Google him.

This is us. My brother has some contacts!
I haven't seen Clayton in years. Last time I saw him was at his old place. He scored us some tickets to the Leafs vs. Red Wings pre-season game on Saturday night. And lucky for Tresa, Andrew was a no show! Too bad dude. So she got see a Leafs game and maybe be in the movie back drop too. Depends how wide of an angle the lens is on that camera. We were the fillers on the far right. We didn't bother moving seats. We 9 rows back from the glass. And the restroom was calling back all the beer I'd gulped down.

Glad I was allowed to go out of the arena to meet Tresa at Union Stn. I didn't miss the puck drop and the National anthems being sung.
I did however miss two Leaf goals which put them up 2 - 1.
Yep...I didn't miss the Detroit goals.
Tresa was asking me if these guys were from the minors. We didn't recognize half the names on the jerseys. I said...these are the guys that are going to the playoffs. Some day?


I think everyone in my family has a picture with Russell except me?
Even my brother in the Philippines has a photo backstage when Russell did a show in Manila.

I still remember when he first did Open Mike.
We were down at rink level waiting for the filming to finish.
The crowd was getting tired and leaving bit by bit, they gave away 2 biz class tickets anywhere Air Canada flies (or 4 economy) and they went through must have been at least 10+ numbers before someone won. Too funny.

You know, by the time the Leafs finally win the cup again, a brown guy will likely be on the team.