.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, June 06, 2015

Badge of Honour Birthday

It was Xander's 11th birthday and because Sava had his birthday at Sgt Splatter.  They had lots of fun, so one thing led to another and here we are at Paintball City.

And celebrating like we all just went through military training together and ready to receive our badges of honour.

I had seen the welts that Jinn got at Sava's party, so I had fabricated some body armour out of cardboard and old shoelaces that were pretty good.  Not restrictive at all.  I was pretty impressed with myself for the work. But here is Jinn convincing me that I do not need the armour and it's all part of the fun of paintball.

I wore it in the first game.  I don't think I got shot cuz I didn't feel a thing.  The next few games I got shot in the hand, front shoulder, and ribs.  My armour would have prevented those badges of honour.
It isn't getting hit, it's the fear of getting hit that is scary.  And it was Bohdan that seemed to be picking me off.  He's so tall, but I had a hard time seeing where he was.
Here are the rules.
If you get shot in the body, head or gun, you are out.  And you put up your hands so you let everyone know you are out.
Bhared happened to not hear that rule.
I must have shot him 4 or 5 times in 1 game.  I saw him flinch, so I thought maybe I missed him.  So I tried to get him again. And again. I'm sure I got him in the chest, legs and arms.  He was like Al Pacino in Scarface, he would not die.  Any ways it was more fun having in the game since he was such a fun target to hit.

Here are the boys showing their badges of honour.  You should see the one I gave Sava in a later paintball game on his knee.  If you are going to play, don't wear shorts under the coveralls they give you.

One thing that 10 and 11 year olds do in this game.  Most of them hide.  And if one moves, another moves.  It's like follow the leader that hides.

So all you have to do is look for 1 kid, and there'll be a bunch of them huddled together chatting about something.  And that's how I picked off Saba.  One of my 11 year old scouts told me they were around the next corner, So they send the only adult on their team to go after them.
As I rounded the corner, I was so surprised to see them sitting there, under the window that I pulled off like 4 or 5  shots while running away and screaming in surprise.  And I could hear them screaming too.  It makes me laugh thinking about it. Ha ha.  I'm a coward.
I was surprised to find out I only got 1 kid.  But I took him out good. I made sure his badge of honour would stick around for a while.  Maybe scar up.

One of the last games we played was Capture the Flag.  There was 1 flag right in the middle of the game area and you need to get it and take it to your enemy's side and touch the wall.
In one of the games I had my kids give me cover while I ran and picked up the flag.  I tossed it to Joshua so I can send him to enemy territory.

Some kids were so afraid of getting shot that they literally peed their pants because it was so much fun getting pinned down by an adult.  Not saying who.  But his mom knows who it is, cuz she did his laundry.

If you wanna know what helps make getting hit not hurt so much.  It's this.  Eat enough and you'll pack enough protection all over.  It was good of Song to bring me a box to consume.

Paint Ball Birthday