.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Unlimited Cardboard

We had accumulated a lot of cardboard in our garage from all the cardboard boxes from the appliances, flooring, and all the other boxes we flattened and opened up and we put down on the floor to protect it.

I was a little reluctant to toss out some of the boxes because I know the Kieran and Yahvi and Samatva like playing with a humongous box.

But my main concern was that I didn't want to keep it in the garage because you never know what will use the cardboard to build a nest or something to get it through the next few cold winter months.  And I didn't want to stumble on it in the spring.

The City of Toronto doesn't put a limit on the cardboard you put on the curb.  As long as it's flattened and tied up and more importantly it MUST to be able to fit into the back end of the recycling truck.

This was only about 80% of the cardboard we had in the garage.  It seemed like a lot more when it's not flattened and bu
ndled like it is here. There were some boxes and some large flattened boxes that I hadn't put to the curb because I didn't know if they would take it all.

However when you take cardboard to the recycling depot there's a 20kg limit.  And I thought there's no way I could go over that and when I went the last time I almost went over that.  I was just at 20kg.

So I brought the rest of the cardboard to the edge of the driveway and asked the service guys if they'd take it and they took it.  So I saved myself a trip to the depot.  And more importantly we cleared up a bunch of space in our already crowded garage. Woo hoo.