.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, March 28, 2016

Rain or Shine egg hunt


Rain or shine this Easter Egg hunt was happening.

I had taken Kieran out for a bike ride (a little later than I would have liked but we were just coming home from the 'Shaw), so that Tresa could do her homework.

The sun was close to setting, but we live about 3.5km from the north entrance of the park.  I was thinking that maybe we shouldn't go.  But Kieran said that he wanted to go.  So I took my updated hybrid with CX stuff to the park so we could go off road, with Kieran on his new mtb.
As we were entering the park it was getting dark quickly.  It was getting a little spooky, and by the time we made to the east side where the Castle Park is and it was night.  And we still had to go through some more trails to to get to Bloor St.  My Serfas thunderbolt light is fairly bright, but nothing compared to the ones I wore a the 24 Hours of Summer Solstice race.  Those turned darkness into daylight.  But we made it.  I was glad the trails were dry.  Kieran had to get off his bike a couple of times, he was overheating from his jacket and 11.3km was a long first ride of the season.

It was dark, but it wasn't busy on the streets and made the ride home stress free.  I was sure Tresa was looking for us and wondering where we were.  And I was right!  But she needed Kieran out of the house.

And this morning this is what we found.



It even led outside. To a wet Kevin.
Rain or shine, this was going to happen.












Not sure where the rabbit ears came from but, they had to be worn.







Follow the brown rabbit.




And look for clues that will lead you to something.  Maybe leftovers?