.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Friday, August 24, 2018

Going on 16

It's not drivers permit time yet.  So no one is learning to drive.

Although I did just spend 3-1/2 weeks driving a manual transmission diesel cargo-shuttle through four countries.  Up and down mountain side roads, some gravel road, and parking this big ass van in tight spots, reverse in, parallel park, whatever spot you can get that's less than 500m from a destination spot.   Getting lost and confused because of mis-direction from the back seat driver telling me to turn back and generally messing with the GPS.


It felt like a test. I'm glad I passed this test.  We passed this test.
It was incredible!  There were a lot of funny moments driving 4500km around Croatia, Slovenia, Budapest and a bit of Bosnia.
I know what I got though when I returned the van.  I got a once in a lifetime family experience.  And I will cherish it forever.

It just goes to show that we are a great team and a kick-ass family.
That we have grown together and always try to look for the positives in everything.  It's easy to be critical.  It takes work to make a good thing better.

Travelling as a family is such an adventure.
I wouldn't do it with any other.  I couldn't have done it with any other.


I will always finish your leftovers, and eat all the fatty chewy meat you didn't want and put on my plate, and most times I will give you my dish,  and eat yours because you realized it's better than the one you ordered.
I will avoid cooking or ordering seafood because I know you don't like it.  (I wouldn't eat fishy smelling seafood anyways).

I will happily do the things you volunteer me for (because most times it turns out to be pretty fun).

I will pose for photos the way you want me to.
I will take over driving when the road and parking gets too difficult.
I will be your I.T. support even though I don't work at your place of work.



I will always do the things that I know you don't like to do.
I will do these things for you and only you, because I will.






And I know you would do the same for me and have, whenever I (and my family have) needed you.  Hey they love having you around more than me.  And that's okay with me.  It just shows how great you are as a person.

You have made me a better person.  And it shows.
I hope I have done the same for you.
Happy 16th Anniversary.