.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Where's Spring?

Just a few weeks ago I was raking the lawn.  Prepping it for spring. About to buy the lawn stuff.   I remember cuz I was at HomeDepot and it was freezing out in the garden centre.  So i skipped it for another day.

Then we get this Slush-mageddon.
I think I hurt my back from moving the slush from our step.
I thought. WTF?!  It's mid-April.


What was gonna be worse was that this stuff was gonna freeze.
Great!  Slush-to-Ice-mageddon.

Sure enough it delayed the delivery of our new car.
It was coming from Japan and was here in the SIX, but the tractor trailer wasn't going to chance it bringing it to the dealership.
So we had to wait a bit longer.



But we ended up getting it the next day.
Exciting!
It was going to be a full day for me.  Running around from 1 appt to the next.









I had put away our shovels thinking we were done with old man winter.
The city also put away their snow plow and salter contracts.
So I spotted these clowns spreading salt from the back of a city pickup truck.
Toronto always has a plan.