.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, January 06, 2019

West Lake has the best hot tubs

Kieran was asking when we were going to the cottage.  Glad he enjoys coming here.  We got out to Sir Sams, walked across a frozen lake, sat in a hot tub.

I was hoping for more snow just so that it'd be safer skiing through the trees.  There was barely enough snow.  My skis stopped dead in my tracks and I got thrown.  Glad i didn't break my poles.   They're new and carbon.  Glad I didn't break anything else!   I did put a gouge in my the base of one of my skis.  but a little wax and it'll be fine.

Kieran was looking all over the ski hill for the Green Elan Advertisement guy.  We eventually found him by the BBQ and the bar.  When the hill gets busy.  He gets busy inside the chalet with a few pitchers of Haliburton's finest local brew.  It makes the hill way more challenging.

It was busy this past weekend.  Which we are always glad to see for the family owned and locally run Sir Sams.



For New Years we brought some gifts.  This high quality cheese doesn't need refrigeration.  So we gave it to the guy who will appreciate that the most.

He's not lactose intolerant.
He's cheese intolerant.
He hates cheese.
So much, he's the Anti-Cheese.




That isn't a stuffed toy Kieran is carrying. That's a real deal dog.  He's just real chill.  Lets him carry him around like big maple smoked ham.

Believe it or not, I've never been in a hot tub in the middle of winter.  I have jumped in a warm outdoor pool.  But never a hot tub.  Glad it wasn't too cold.

But I had to try this no chemical, no pump, wood fired, cedar wood hot tub.  It looks like a big bucket.
I flipped flopped it out there to the tub in between the trees and hung out with all the ladies.


West Lake New Years