.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Ready Player Gundam

I just finished assembling this Gundam.  It took me many weekends.  It took me a while to just start it.  It just goes together by friction fit.  No glue required.

This was my birthday gift from K.  He got it downtown.  But there's CanadaGundam that is based in Hamilton.  We got the other one from there.

I didn't realize how many pieces it was going to be.  It also articulates and can stand on it's own and has weapons like a sword and shield.

K has more than one in his display cabinet.  So mine is with his.

It was a challenge putting this together especially when the instructions are in Japanese but it's easy enough to figure out, but the pieces can be small.

So having good vision and finger dexterity makes it easier.  I think K assembled his in a day or weekend.

After a few hours of looking at the instructions and piecing it together with my nose literally to the model.  My eyes would go a bit buggy.
So I'd work on one section at a time.
Engine drive unit,
Head,
Torso,
Arms (left then right the next time)
Legs
Waist,
last were the weapons.
If you don't know what Gundam is, it's a Japanese anime from the late 70's/80's.  And still going today.  If you have never seen this cartoon.  The Gundam character was in the Spielberg movie Ready Player One.

I've seen this move a bunch of times, I never get tired of it.  It has all these characters that I'm familiar with and fond of, so I connected with it.

The scene with Gundam has him battling Mecha-Godzilla.


It's a kid friendly David vs Goliath / Hunger Games type movie with a happy ending.