.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, June 11, 2022

Things Change

It's been a week of new changes.  I actually wasn't sure if this was going to happen, but I started at a new company this week.  It's not strange, just different.  And it's exciting and I'm raring to be productive.  I looked at this change as positive right from the get-go.  It had been some time at my old place, where I was not entirely satisfied with how things were.  It felt like I needed a change.  I knew I needed a change.  And for about 8-10 months I was putting into motion the chance to make a change.  

And a little over 2 months ago that opportunity arrived.  And it was a really great thing.  For the first time in a long while, I felt free of work stress.  I felt like I could recharge, and give me some time to reflect, for sure, and I felt excited again.  It was a gift.  So that I could find and get my mojo back.


This week has not been the most productive, as I'm still trying to get organized and set up so I can focus on my role and navigate new waters.

I'm not worried.  If there's once thing I've been able to do all these years.  It's learn and adapt.  Because change is inevitable.

Some change is harder than others to accept, mostly because you can't un-change it no matter how much you want to.

We said goodbye, far too soon, today to an amazing person.  Lucky to have had the chance to experience his presence in our lives.  He'll be missed, but will live on in memories, as he was such a charismatic character.  He loved to talk, and you would enjoy hearing him speak.

He had this way of making you feel appreciated just by your presence as a contribution to bettering his life experience.  He was just "cool" in his very own and unique way.