.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Happy Sukaboy Day

This past Sunday June 19th, was my first Father's Day.

It's actually really easy to become a dad. You just have to get someone pregnant. It's even easy to be a good dad. You just have to do the best that you can and you get to enjoy all the great moments when they happen.
It's a pretty amazing thing when it happens - becoming a father. You don't realize it until the little person's head is sticking out of your wife. And after they're completely out of the mother and go from a cool blue colour to a more normal flesh tone, and start crying. That's when it first hits. Then it hits you some more at about 2AM, 3:30AM, 5AM and so on. After a while you just go numb. Then you coast and forget where you are.

It's sukaboy day
I think my son has more hair now than I do. I cut my hair. I used a guide on my clippers that was way shorter than I had expected. Oh well, it'll grow back. But now my hats and my bike helmet is a little looser than usual. But on the bright side, I'm saving money on hair gel and shampoo and conditioner. Wash and GO!

But really every day has been Fathers day and Mothers day. I enjoy the baths, the diaper changes, the crying fits, getting peed on and spit on, and slept on.



The day wasn't really about me. It's really for him - the little person, who can't even do much. But he actually does do quite a bit, but he just makes you do it. And he doesn't even make you do it, you just do it, because you want to do it.


If it wasn't for these two, Fathers day would just be another day.

So happy Fathers day to all the fathers and mothers, and expecting mothers and fathers, and sons and daughters everywhere.

Did I make anyone puke yet? On this day I'm allowed. :-P