.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Pee-k - A - Poo

Yep. The following days afterward was pretty tiring. My bed was a welcome site. I guess the bed I had at the post-delivery ward was probably designed to be uncomfortable to encourage people to leave.

4 days - eat, poop, sleep.
(Yep that's our outdoor patio furniture inside our house. It's the biggest table we have when my family comes over)

I know I've slept. Not a contiguous block of time, but a few hours here and there. You know, whenever I pass out. My back is a little sore, but I'm sure that Tresa is feeling much worse. She's been a trooper. And she's been great.

3 days - quiet time

Our son is now 8 days old. It’s been a long week of late night feedings and changing diapers. Other than that, I’m not sure where the time has gone. It’s been a real eye opener for both of us. We thought that we’d be able to do a bit more than we’d actually been doing.

7 days - Dreaming of a good poop

He’s been a lot of fun and he’s changed our lives, for the better. It’s been really good so far. A real learning experience - a learning experience of how to understand what a cry means, whether it’s a hunger cry or a dirty diaper or I got gas cry or that water is cold or just pick me up and hold me holler.

2 days - BURP

So we went to see the pediatrician on Wednesday. I had made an appointment on Monday from my cell phone at Mr. Pita restaurant. I was ordering some lunch for Tresa and I. Mama and Papa’s gotta eat man. I was put on hold and went ahead and ordered the food. Only a ‘LITTLE’ hot sauce and no rice for Tresa’s falafel plate I said. I didn’t realize that the doctor’s secretary could hear me the whole time. I must have made her hungry, cause she said “no hot sauce for me!”

4 days old - just changed a diaper

So the doctor said he’s doing fine. Hasn’t lost any more weight, but he hadn’t gained any either. But as of today he’s back to his birth weight. 7lbs 13oz. So he’s actually gained the 6 oz he lost initially and added an extra ounce. Every time I step on the scale I keep losing weight. It’s a good thing I packed on those extra pounds. I’m pretty much back down to my racing weight. Although I feel like I’ve got jet lag.

6 days - feeding time is over

We feel pretty wiped out. It’s tough trying to nap whenever the baby naps. When it seems like there are always things to do. Like go grocery shopping or do the laundry, or cook something to eat, cause only one person in our household has a food supply at his fingertips.

5 days - having a good poop

Someone asked me how does it feel. Or was it everyone? It’s a really nice feeling. Sort of makes you feel warm inside. Not unlike the warmth of his urine as he peed on me. Twice now. You know my friend Derrick said I’d get peed on. And I did (and he puked in my face too). The first time right in my face. And the second just a few moments ago (and I did wash my hands before I started typing again) as I was wiping him down and holding his legs. I guess he's just marking his territory, letting other babies know as they cross paths at the park or playground or daycare. He’s lucky the palm of my hands was there to deflect the stream. Otherwise it would’ve gone on his face instead of his belly. At that moment he stopped squirming and had this look of “hey what’s that?” on his face. He blinked a couple of times and then I had Tresa finish putting his diaper on. Papa had to go wash his hands clean.

1 day old


5 days - remembering the good ol'days, back in the tummy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos. He's a real cutie!

So where does the time go? And how do you get anything else done? For the answer to those questions, send $50 in an envelope addressed to...but seriously, now you are in the know and can finally understanda and appreciate parenthood like never before.

-CR

Mon May 02, 09:15:00 AM EDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Ray & Tresa!

He is so cute. Once I get clearance to fly, Dan, the kids and I are definitely making a trip down (& kind of across) to see all of you. Enjoy him, they mutate very quickly & you'll wonder if that was the same prefect person Tresa gave birth to (Remember, I'm a pro at this and my advice is also free if you need any, or a far away babysitter...)

All the best!

Love,

Trish (Dan, Nachelle, Nicaela & Joshua)

Mon May 02, 12:41:00 PM EDT

 

Post a Comment