.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Drop til you Pop



This is a series of photos of Tresa's belly taken over 5 days. Really! I know Tresa is wearing the same clothes, but that's the extent of her maternity clothing. A top from Old Navy and her Nike yoga pants. Otherwise she wears some of my stuff. And actually my stuff is tight. But then again I'm not that big. Most of the time she just wears the above clothing when she goes out. She went to Winners a few times, to Dixie Value Mall, to some pension clinic at the hospital, a retirement party, she cleaned the inside of her car, went to the police station to check if the car seat was okay. Yep...go go go. But all this walking is helping to expel the baby.
Oh and I missed March 31, I forgot to take a photo. Tresa's due on April 17th, and that's in 2 weeks so I've been trying to determine if her body is getting ready to deliver, so that I can get myself prepared. One indicator is the belly beginning to drop. I thought I could tell, but I can't tell 100%. But I think she's beginning to drop. Can you?

All I know is, I think I'll just go to bed always wearing socks, my fleece pants and a sweatshirt, so that I'm ready to go.

We have the car seat in the back seat of Tresa's Corsica LTZ. Gotta put that LTZ there. It's a big upgrade from the regular Corsica. Still no cup holders or leather seats, but there's upgrades. And last summer when I was cleaning and waxing the car, that LTZ emblem came off. It's in the garage. But you can see the outline on the trunk lid.

I still have to put the other car seat in the back of my car. Thanks for letting us borrow them Teen and Stephanie. We're slowing getting ready for this kid. Bit by bit.

We've done the pre-natal classes. We learned to swaddle our baby, how to burp the kid, how to give CPR. We watched videos of mothers delivering. Watched their water break. One was like the toilet bowl had overflowed and the other was like a water-balloon had burst. One was really calm and collected, the other focused on her cat, and took some valium, and the last was going to freak out. Tresa had a hard time with watching these videos. Because reality is slowly creeping in. I keep telling her everything will be alright. And it will...for me. She'll have some tearing. It's normal. I kinda know what that's like. Don't get me started on that. That's a whole other story that I've put behind me.

I did learn a thing or two from the classes. For one thing, I didn't know that the water can break at any time. I thought it had to break, then the process starts. And another thing is the belly dropping. She'll carry high for the last tri-mester then as she gets closer to delivery it will drop. And also the baby will instinctively knock it's head against the cervix to cause it to dilate. We can feel the baby's head knocking at the cervix. She/He is getting ready to see the real world and get some tylenol to relieve that headache.