.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Friday, February 11, 2005

Promised Land




I meant to post this up sooner. This is Woodbury Common. I wanted to take more pics for my sister, but I didn't want to look like a tourist. But then I saw all the japanese tourists and realized no one would have noticed. I should have taken Tresa's picture when we saw this outlet, but I was driving. You should have seen her face. It was lit up like a kid on Christmas morning and seeing all the presents.

When we arrived here on the Thursday night, it was dark, plus we got a little side tracked. But this time she had more time to see the stores and on top of it there was no tax this weekend. It was like the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae for this expecting mother. And then they said you get the sprinkles for free!

This place is fairly big. But not exactly cheap. The smaller outlets in NJ were actually better in my opinion. It's because this place has so many visitors, well shoppers. And so the stores get picked over. But it has some stores that you wouldn't find at the smaller outlets. Like the high end designer stores.

So venture there if you want. They have a website and a store listing. It's two hours from my cousins place and they have a shuttle from NY city and it's 7-1/2 hours from Big Smoke (Toronto).

I know that some of our friends have asked me if it's worth it. All of them were women. With more shoes than Imelda.