.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Year, more SukaBoy


Read my lips: "Happy New Year!"
Actually it was more like "....earrrrrrr...", that's what I was saying when I put the camera on timer and pressed the button and my first generation digital camera finally took the picture.
At least my nose was clean when I took the picture. No boogers here man! I'm no barbarian. I'm a clean immigrant. See ma, no coke!



Anyways we spent our new year with our friends.
See all of our friends?


Actually these are our friends. That's FEZ on the left. Anyone watch "That 70's Show". Ya man that's him. He also played Juan Valdez's kid on those coffee commercials. Ask him to say "Boss! Boss! Da plane, da plane!" Now he's all grown up and over 5ft tall. Just don't touch the hair.

Let's start at the beginning of the evening. We left as usual about 30 minutes after we were supposed to arrive at our friend's place. And as usual we forgot something. So we headed back as usual and left again, now we were 40 minutes late. On schedule as always.
I was starving, I had saved my appetite for Anne's dinner. Good thing too. I was stuffed. But very satisfied. Between the food and the wine I needed a nap. And nap I did. I couldn't keep my eyes open. Then Antonio wanted to head to Nathan Phillips for first night. But I think they moved it to the Distillery District and charged 15.00 for entrance, for what? I don't know.

We left with about 15 minutes to go till midnight from Antonio and Anne's condo. Good thing they woke me up. We'd had a great dinner prepared by Anne. All we needed was a waiter. Oh ya that was Antonio. No wonder we didn't leave a tip!
We made it to Nathan Phillips but didn't make it near the stage. We basically got to the corner of Bay and Queen but that was it. It was packed full of people. We got there with less than 2 minutes till midnight. We could barely see the stage and the big screen. But from our position the screen was about the size of the LCD screen on a camera.
We counted down, 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1...Yea! Happy New Year. Thank God it's not minus 20 below. Woo HOO!


Then with about a 10 second delay about 4 fireworks lit up the sky about the port-o-lets. Well spent Toronto Tax Dollars at work.
I was proud and you could see it on my face. Can you see it?


Looks like a lot of red lights on the Yonge St parking lot. Lots of smart people out tonight. At least they won't be drinking and driving.


Hey I didn't know EraserHead was in town?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was New Year's Eve like 3 weeks ago. Where's my update?

-CR

Wed Jan 19, 05:17:00 PM EST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know the pic where your eye balls are popping out? That's the first photo I've seen where yours & Tresa's head are the same size. Did you have to stand a few feet back or something? :)
T

Sat Jan 22, 12:08:00 AM EST

 

Post a Comment