.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Say my name, say my name....

All night long...All night. That's what our kid's kicking is like. All night. But we could actually see Tresa's belly moving. It was freaking me out.

All I could think of was that we were screwed for sleep when this kid is born. Our OB told us that kids are born like they were just living in a timezone that's 12hrs ahead. Meaning. They're awake at night. Their sleeping habits are totally the reverse when they come out. Why? No one knows. But that's priority on our list.

#1) Fix the kid's sleeping habit ASAP!

So the kid was kicking. Like it wanted out or it wanted us to keep it quiet and turn down volume on the TV cause it was sleeping.

But I then remembered what our OB told us. If you don't feel any kicking for a while drink some juice. Sure enough, on the table was a glass of juice and right away the baby was kicking.

So we've been thinking of names. Both boy and girls names. Can't take all the credit for this one. Hats off to Chris R. He started it. Asked me if we were gonna name our baby "Kid" cause that's how I always referred to it. I remember when I first called the baby IT. The OB looked at us and said "IT?" with a puzzled look. I didn't want to refer to it as girl or boy since no one knows. So out came "IT". So now I just say "kid", cause it's not an "IT" but a living thing.

Anyways what do you people think of the following names? We've thought long and hard on these ones. We wanted something Asian, and European, so the kid would know that it was both.

Hej Yu - could be both boy or girl
Yo Yue
Cam Eer

Com Naw
Ashk Mah - this is if it's a boy
Noah Wei
Goh Awei


and my favourite

Stahp Eet

Pretty good, eh?

Blogger Ray said...

What no comments? What's the matter with you people?

Thu Jan 20, 11:00:00 AM EST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Noah Wei one since you seem to use it a lot yourself. As for the reason why newborns mix up their days & nights, here's what I've heard. During the day, mommy is active so the constant motion lulls baby to sleep. But at night when mommy is sleeping & less active, the baby is wide awake since he/she isn't being rocked & lulled.

T

Sat Jan 22, 12:03:00 AM EST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Stapf eet is the best one. You'll find you'll use it quite a bit in later years.

N

Sat Jan 22, 06:34:00 PM EST

 

Post a Comment