.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Monday, April 18, 2005

A taste of the real stuff

We were at the park the today trying to walk around and get the baby to drop and out. High Park is a hilly place. We made our way down to the Grenadier Lake and as we walked down the steps and the path Tresa began to get back spasms and tightness and her breathing became harder. So we kept walking a bit farther along the lake. And as the pain kept getting worse and worse. I asked her - "Do you want to keep going or head back to the car?" She said - "caaarrrr!" I figured we were on our way now, and this was it. I kinda felt like throwing up. I wasn't sure if it was the hot dog and fries and gravy we just had at the Grenadier Cafe in the middle of High Park. Tasted okay.

As we got to the foot of the climb up - it seemed like it was a long way up, like a ski hill, where's the lift? Maybe I can leave her here and go get the car and drive down and get her if she couldn't go any further. As I was helping her walk and massaging her left side, I was getting nervous and not really saying much. As we got to the car and headed home, what happens - there's ALWAYS a slow driver in front of you whenever you're in a rush to get somewhere. Why is that? Must be the GPS. It also detects people in a hurry so you can frustrate them more. Tresa was telling me not to drive fast. But this is a perfect excuse. "Officer my wife is having a baby!" and I'm not lying.

But after we got home the pain went away.
We walked everywhere til about 10:30PM at night. We walked in Yorkdale, Bayview Village and then The Bloor West. Nothing. Nada.
But at least we got an idea of what to expect.