.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, January 29, 2006

9 Months and counting

Oh and by the way.
Happy Chinese New Year 888 times over
to all our chinese friends. I wish them all tons of 8's. The more 8's the better.

I liked that restaurant you picked Edwin. The food was good. Everything had some kick to it. Mai, you would have liked it.

It's been a tough week. Really busy for me. Last monday we took Kieran to the Science Center and saw the Body Works show. It was really neat. I wasn't sure if Kieran would have nightmares from it. I wasn't sure if I would get nightmares from it. Apparently everything was real. Some plastination process that a german doctor came up with. You can even donate your body to this Body Works exhibition. They had a sample form on display.

The Science Center seemed a lot bigger when I was last here. I think I was 12 years old. I would have taken photos but no cameras were allowed, but then we saw a whole bunch of other people taking pictures.

After the center I had a work function to go to at a restaurant called the Sultan's tent. I've never been but I heard the food was good. I found out later that there's a belly dancer show that goes on. She came around when our main course arrived. As I was digging into my lamb shank I felt a tap-tap on my shoulder. Mike directed her right to me. So it's a customer-participation type of show. It's a lot harder than it looks. There are photos as proof of me trying to belly dance. I just don't have them.

Kieran has just past the 9 month mark. Sleeping through the night has been a struggle. Or more like, it's not happening. But we've got him going to bed earlier now. Instead of midnight. We get him ready for bed around 9pm and the first night he cried for 45 mins. The second evening he cried for only a few minutes before he went lights out. So we're slowing training him to sleep early and hopefully longer. I've been reading this book on the Ferber method. Not easy to execute. Not sure if it's really for us. But I think that I can take some things from the book.