.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Saturday, April 22, 2006

One year and counting...

One year ago this was the news. The weather was nice up until the day Kieran was born. Then it got ugly and cold. And we were trapped in our house for a month. Ordering chinese fud.

This year is pretty much that same pattern. it's It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is up, and tired with bags under his eyes. And so's mama's. We're both beat.

We were hoping for sunny days and warm temps, but it's the same weather as 1 year ago today. He came into this world in a downpour. I remember because I went to Burger King to get some food. You see, they only feed the mother in the maternity ward.

We have been busy bees getting the house ready for family and neighbours to come over to our CLEAN home for Kieran's 1st birthday. We don't want to give the impression we're slobs. And renting a hall would have cut into the big screen tv budget. So he lost out. Besides he won't remember anything before the age of 5 anyways, it's all a blur of diapers, boob and naps.




Over the past month we've been doing lots of stuff around the house to get it ready. I even broke out my old speedskating outfit to wear while I was painting around the house. As long as I had coke in my hand I was prepared for anything.








Even our neighbour was a busy beaver. This tree is about 20 years old. Yep older than me. ;-)







The branches actually went all the way to the ground and covered most of the lawn. Probably 80% of it. Joe only needed a weedwacker to mow his lawn.




I was hoping to take pics of the stages as he was taking the tree down, but I was so busy that day that I missed the timberrrr stage.



This started out as a single tree. But with 2 apical buds, actually I think there were 3. It became a triplet.




The tree came down, and a new tree and sod are going in.
And the recycling guys are going to love him.

Did you know that Canadian Tire sells electric chain saws?


Click here for more photos

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kieran! So many more ahead of you. Wish I could have been there.

-Tito Chris (Can't believe I just referred to myself as a Tito).

Mon Apr 24, 10:17:00 PM EDT

 
Blogger Ray said...

It must have been all the turon and chicharon

Tue Apr 25, 07:14:00 AM EDT

 

Post a Comment