.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Farewell to Old Faithful

Here's the Craigslist post:
For Sale: 1990 Corsica LTZ
Well taken care of.
Lady driven to the ground.
But it has new tires.

It's GONZO! SOLD. We got the asking price, which was an infinite amount more than it's Red Book value. When I was at the Motor Vehicle and License office picking up the Used Vehicle Information Package I asked what it's book value was.

It was ZERO. NADA. NOTHING. Hey I paid 20 bucks for that UVIP. I didn't even get reimbursed for that. Where's my cut?

In the end we couldn't give it away. The car was so stubborn, it wouldn't even give up it's plate. Mike had to chisel it out.

Actually we couldn't give it away because we couldn't get it certified. It was rusting everywhere in the undercarriage.

Mike said it was unsafe to drive. Hit a big enough pot hole and it would have broken in two.


So we had to sell it as is and many thanks to Carmen and Mike for getting us more than the Red Book value on the car.

It's served it's purpose and you'll probably hear Tresa talking about it still. I do.
"It's a GOOD car, it's big inside, I can fit my bike inside, me an poo poo went to the cottage last year"

But in the in end it had to go. Why. It had American heater/AC controls. So it didn't make any sense. Turn on the AC and you get a blast of musty air. The freon was all gone. And most importantly - it had no cup holders. I kept spilling my Tim Horton's coffee on my lap. OWCH!


So we hung out at Mike's shop chit chatting for a while and checking out a future vehicle.

Hmmm....I like it.

Can anyone guess what it is?