.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, June 17, 2007

It's SukaPapa day!

Chris and I started the day by going out for a run and then did a trip to the Wine Library in Short Hills for some booze. I wished I had brought my camera cuz this place was a huge 2 floors of wine, spirits, liquor and cheese and other goodies for the drinking enthusiast.

Then we went to Jackson for some quick outlet shopping and riding all the toy trucks, buses and helicopters and then finished off at Shop-Rite for some stuff to make dinner fixins'. Kieran was going super freaky cuz he spotted a Thomas the Tank Engine balloon. He can spot a Thomas the Tank Engine needle in a haystack. So we went outside for some talking 1 on 1 time. Then he spotted Cold Stone Ice Creamery. So that didn't help. It went from Thomas to Ice Cream.

So we headed down the walkway so that we wouldn't see the ice cream store but it was too late. It was calling him. So after a few minutes of time out and calming down, and some talking, we headed for Cold Stone. The line was loooong. It was a hot day and all the bigun's were out for their fill of dairy fat.
With Kieran in my arm, I didn't have time to look for a flavour that was hypo-allergenic. They had lemon sherbet, but I just asked when it was my turn what didn't have nuts. And having never been there, they showed me the ropes. Nice folks.When I got to the till, they told me the ice cream was free, because it was Father's day. WOO HOO! what a nice way to end the day. Sharing a setting sun and berry filled ice cream in a sugar cone bowl with my son.

Happy Father's day to all the SukaPapa's out there.