.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Santa Claus is coming...finally

It was the day of the Santa Claus parade here in Toronto. It was really chilly this morning and so I was thinking that Kieran and I would be freezing cold at the parade. But the sun came out and warmed us up.

We had taken the TTC down to Christie. I had figured that we'd be standing for most of the time and probably a good idea to bring the baby backpack. And when we got out at Christie it was a madhouse! Well by Toronto standards. Nothing compared to say New York. But there were lots of people. The floats were ready to go. And there was no way that Kieran was going to see anything at Christie.

So we headed east along the back alleys til we were a block west of Bathurst. Directly across from Honest Ed's. We were about 4th row from the street so it wasn't so bad. There wasn't anyone blocking Kieran's view of the floats.

We even saw a Filipino Marching Band from Vaughn.
I'm surprised they were out shopping at Vaughn Mills.


The only thing that was wearing me out was the load on my back. I could feel the extra years worth of food he's packed on. My shoulders were feeling it and I was counting down the hour. I had read that the parade goes for about an hour.

But Kieran was pretty patient. He kept asking where's Santa, papa? I kept saying he's coming. I was worried he would start freaking out. But he stayed for the whole thing. I was the one getting impatient looking at my watch.

A father beside me said that it's best to be at the start of the parade or as close to it as possible because down the route there's more and more delays.

We were basically about 6 mins down the road from Christie Station.



The 4th or 3rd last one was from Canadian Tire and it had Santa and Mrs. Claus, so that just was a tease.

When I saw it, I thought. That was it? Wow. It wasn't that impressive. But oh well. It doesn't matter. But that wasn't it. Darn it. My shoulders were sore.


Thank God! Finally after almost 80 mins. Santa and his reindeer finally came.

Woo HOO!

Kieran was in awe. I think. Or he was needing a nap and hungry.
I was needing a nap and I was hungry.



It was then every man, and kid for himself. Head for the nearest TTC station.
I was surprised that I didn't even have to pay to get back on. The guy just lets us in through the gate.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Click me for more photos...