.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

There's no monsters

At least that's what he was telling himself when all the bigger kids came around with the Scream masks and skulls and stuff.

I was more scared of the kids that didn't get dressed up. I thought they would do something to me like kick my pumpkin in or something.

But monsters do exist! This is the cousin of Sasquatch. We found him moving at a great rate of speed. Then stopped, to look for food.

So that's a dragon head on the left and on the right is my attempt at making a Thomas the tank engine jack-o-lantern. The tanks on the sides were letting in a lot of wind so the candle kept blowing out. But I did my best. I was trying to be really useful.


Trick or Cheese! This is what he was saying for a while, since I had been taking a lot of photos. We even gave him some of our own candy to practice. But it came out as "Trick or Cheese".
I thought someone was going to give us some havarti or a slice of processed cheese. As long as it was wrapped I was okay. Gotta be safety conscious you know.

There was one house on our street that had the tombstones and scary music. Kieran stopped in his tracks across the street from the house. Then made it up halfway up the walkway to the house before turning around running back to the safety of the middle of the street under the lamplight.

Not even his partner in crime for the evening was going to help. Our next door neighbour Yahvi helped ease his fear of the big "trick or treaters" but this house was an exception, but the girl giving out candy was nice to come out to the sidewalk to give Kieran and Yahvi some treats, knowing they were more than just a little frightened.

And so we hit a couple of the same houses a few times. We hit Jessie's house about 4 times. As well as other kids houses that we knew. So that was fun, and the night was really nice so we even made it to the street next to us and I wished I'd brought my camera cuz there was one little girl giving out candy that was a duckling.


Click for more not so scary fotos...