.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tolerate everything in moderation

Sunday, October 14, 2007

My First Race: The Zoo Run

Kieran's first race ever.
And my first race in over 2 years.

This was the Zoo Run.
I hadn't been to the Metro Toronto Zoo in over a decade.




And Tresa had never been. Being in Scarborough, we drive by the exit that is literally about 2 mins from the 401. And 10 mins from the heart of Scarberia.

This would be a great place to take someone who's only seen Scarbourough-hood, let alone the inside of 1 house and also never seen Lake Ontario in real life.

The Zoo Run was a good way to accomplish 2 things at the same time. Do a race and bring Kieran to the Zoo.

It was a chilly morning. I was debating on whether I should wear shorts and a t-shirt, cuz I knew I get warm during the run. I wasn't warmed up, before the run, I was just trying not to get tired.

As I was going around the zoo I was looking to see which animals were out.

I saw cheetahs, but I couldn't remember exactly where they were after I finished, this run kinda goes this way and that around the zoo. In the end I was just looking for someplace warm to go.

The cub run was a fun a free for all run with 200 kiddies in t-shirts 20 sizes too big.
Kieran did run for most of it, but he was running around before the race started so I think he peaked too soon. Cuz he was trying hard to get in front of mamma to get her to pick him up to carry the rest of the way.





But did run for at least half of the race and crossed the finish line on his own.
All the kids were numero Uno.
But this is Mama's new number one track star.





Click for more zoo run photos...

Zoo Run site and photos

Pic from Zoo Run Gallery




The Race


The Sprint for the Finish Line

Blogger Ray said...

I was getting more chilly seeing some of the runners and how they were dressed.
brr...

Mon Oct 22, 10:16:00 AM EDT

 

Post a Comment